Monday, January 31, 2011

enough to make you cry

I got a call today. I got a bunch of calls today. Mostly from doctors offices, insurance stuff, the hospital, home health, you name it...I am feeling older by the minute. One call in particular brought some disturbing news. It was a call about the lab work they are doing on my cancer-schmancer tumor. Now this is a lab that I really don't know much about, but figure is kind of important since the Oncologist ordered it right away. This is the lab that will cost me 3200.00! When I heard the news, I was immediately crushed. Tears welled up. I never even paid attention to the lady on the phone offering us assistance with the cost. All I heard on the other end of the phone was, "YOU HAVE CANCER, YOU WILL NOW PAY AN ARM AND A LEG TO SURVIVE". This is devastating. This is enough to make you cry.


On a brighter note. I am a 32 year old woman, who just had her first home health visit. I was lucky enough to have the visit from a friend of mine that was so kind and good to me. She will be a comfort knowing that I will have a familiar face in this very unfamiliar journey I am about to take. Did I mention today I hate cancer and more than that I really hate what cancer has already done to my body.


Today was better than yesterday, and I am sure tomorrow will be even better.

I was happy today when my daughter got to sit on the couch with me and read the new books her mee maw bought her.

I was happy today that I got out of the house with my mom and got to spend time with her.

I was happy today when I saw my husband help my mom with her new cell phone. My husband is so kind.

It is the little things sometimes.

Today was a good day, but tomorrow will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment