Monday, February 25, 2013

Cancer Schmancer....

News Flash...I have cancer.  CANCER!  It hasn't gone away.  It is really wierd to think about it because most of the time I don't feel like I have it.  But it is there...it is always there...in the back of my mind...life goes on....
I was feeling pretty bad today because I had decided to cancel my appointment to start chemo again.  I just wasn't ready to endure another 12 weeks of hell after feeling so good (... like having a liver resection has been a vacation for me....how sad is that?).  Anyway...so I thought to myself: dang, I let it get to me...I let it win today...I couldn't fight and kick its arse and go to my appointment.  I felt pretty bad.  I am tired of being in fighting mode, and I still have it in me, a fight that is...but dang...I just wanted a break....ok...a little longer break...with no surgery, no recovery, no pain...just me, feeling like me again....if I can even remember what me feels like anymore!  So anyway...after trying to come up with an excuse to cancel and postpone what is bound to happen, I found out I didn't have chemo today after all!  So...there cancer....I still win! :)  It turns out that they are giving me till March 8th so that I can visit with my Oncologist and then start chemo treatment # 1 of  # 6 on March 11th.  Ok, so it turns out I am not a complete chemo chicken and even though I thought I cancelled something I shouldn't have, I didn't, and therefore I still win, right?  I still come out on top!  CANCER, YOU SUCK!

I am definitely going to enjoy the last couple weeks chemo free!  I have to.  I have no choice.  I am not going to cancel March 11...I'm going to get back into it and KICK ITS ARSE!  Again...CANCER YOU SUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment