Friday, March 4, 2011

this is just a milisecond...

I got an email today from a doctor friend. He told me he was proud of me and to keep fighting and that what I am going through was just a milisecond compared to a life of good health. He is right.

I got to talk to a friend today who also had cancer (almost 5 years cancer free!!!) and realized how much worse her situation was when she was diagnosed and everything that she went through. She had a newborn baby!!! It puts things in perspective.

I know that when you think things are bad, there is always someone that is dealing with something worse. It makes me take a look at my life and how blessed I truly am! I am a changed person. People think I am so strong. I have to be, I don't have a choice.

I got off work today (which is a blessing in itself that I still have a job and can actually still go to work), and when I got home there was a package at my door! To my suprise I was greeted with a package of the yummiest chocolate covered strawberries...and they were beautiful! Almost too beautiful to eat. I am so blessed. I have people that care about me. I have people that think about me. I have people that encourage me. I have people that inspire me.


This has really been a great week. Yesterday at work the personnel club presented me with a check from the benefit they had for me. Of course I cried. To think that people pulled together for me... To think that there are people that really care... To think that I am really special... Strawberries today just topped it off!


I am blessed.

I have a weekend home with my daughter to enjoy before my next chemo treatment, my husband will be gone at drill.(that is...chemo if my blood counts are up) I look forward to my mom coming to see me and spending time with me. I do not look forward to the possibility of getting sick, but it helps to know that it won't last, and of course I always remember that tomorrow will be better than today!

~I smiled today because someone thought about me enough to send me such a sweet treat!

~I smiled today because it was Friday!!!

~I smiled today because I got to have a great conversation with a friend.

~I smiled today because we got to witness a really cool storm from the comfort our our living room.



Today was such a great day, but tomorrow is going to be better.

1 comment:

  1. All of your friends are so very privileged to be able to call you "friend"!!! You are an inspiration to all of us!!! Keep fighting and NEVER give up!!!

    ReplyDelete