Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Uplifting messages...

I got a card from Andrew's cousin a few days ago that was awesome!!!

The front of the card said:
EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE A KID, YOU'D BE THE TOUGHEST MOTHER I'VE EVER KNOWN.

The inside of the card said:
IF I WERE CANCER, I'D BE NERVOUS.

Becky's message said:
JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW HOW STRONG I THINK YOU ARE AND THAT I'M IN YOUR CORNER!


Then today I got a gift bag! This gift bag came from a few friends of mine that work at the medical unit at Ozark Correctional Center.

Inside the bag was a silver bangle bracelet that had engraved "what cancer cannot do" and listed all these things: IT CANNOT CRIPPLE LOVE. IT CANNOT SHATTER HOPE. IT CANNOT CORRODE FAITH. IT CANNOT EAT AWAY PEACE. IT CANNOT DESTROY CONFIDENCE. IT CANNOT KILL FRIENDSHIP. IT CANNOT SHUT OUT MEMORIES. IT CANNOT SILENCE COURAGE. IT CANNOT REDUCE ETERNAL LIFE. IT CANNOT QUENCH THE SPIRIT.

Along with the silver bangle bracelet were a bunch of the rubber bracelets to promote colon cancer and cancer awareness.

This was so cool, but the coolest thing, was when I opened the card. The front of the card read:
SENDING A LITTLE SUNSHINE YOUR WAY!

The hand written note inside the card read:
EACH AND EVERY FRIDAY WE WEAR BLUE IN SUPORT OF YOU AND TO BRING AWARENESS TO COLON CANCER. WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE THOUGHT OF AND PRAYED FOR DAILY. MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AND HEAL YOU. SIGNED: OZARK CORRECTIONAL CENTER MEDICAL UNIT.

Attached was a picture of the staff wearing blue holding a sign that said :
CANCER SUCKS!



This totally made my day! I can't believe I have so many people on my side, that care for me and think of me and pray for me. I love it! I feel like I've won already! :)

I might add, these are just a couple of the wonderful letters and cards and gifts and meals I get all the time! I am truely blessed! Thank you God!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful friends and support group you have!!!! We are all fighting right along side of you Jen!!!!

    ReplyDelete