Thursday, July 7, 2011

still have it...

It has been awhile. Things are going well. I still have cancer, but...feeling much better! I am loving life without my colostomy bag...who knew that could be possible! :)
My family spent the fourth of July at home, surrounded by family and friends and good times. We did have a ball, especially my daughter, who basically thinks she runs the place, and loves the fact that she is surrounded by boys! (I think I am going to be in big trouble!)


Sunday before we headed home, we had appointments to get tattoos (which I had to cancel out of). Yes, I am addicted at the present time to some ink...but I resisted. I had a more pressing issue to attend to, and therefore had to opt out of the ink. I wish I had a picture of the tattoos my brother and sister-in-law both got...they are awesome! More importantly, it represents their support of me! ME! It feels amazing to have so many people care...and STILL CARE!
I also got to meet with a friend for lunch, who brought me a bag of goodies last week from another friend. To my surprise, I opened the Relay for Life bag that had magnets with supportive sayings on them that she made, a poem book with some amazing encouraging poems, and a purple (Relay for Life color) crown for my princess...or queen??? Thank you Robyn...that was such a nice surprise...now I'm waiting to see pictures of YOUR tattoo! (just kidding)
Life is great!
I am ready to go back to work! I feel the need...I am ready...but I can't just yet.
I am heading to KC this weekend to meet up with my mom who will be accompanying me to M.D. Anderson! We are going to have a ball (unless they tell me something I don't want to hear!). We will be busy doing medical things (yuck) and spending time at a hospital (double yuck), but in our free time...this group of gals is going to head to the ocean! I can't wait. I will definitely take tons of pictures to post. (I know how much you all love the pictures...and don't worry...I won't post any of me laying out on the beach in my bikini!!! )
Please keep your prayers up for my mom and myself as we will be traveling and finding out my options on this cancer stuff. Did I mention I hate cancer!!! I really do...with a passion. It just friggen sucks.
Smile today...life is short...soak it all up! ENJOY IT!!!! (even if you have cancer, or a colostomy bag)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jen, I'm glad you liked your gift. I tried to be creative. Your little girl is adorable. Praying for you and your mom to have a safe trip... Robyn

    ReplyDelete