Monday, February 14, 2011

Chemo preparation...

Can you really prepare yourself for Chemo? I mean... I am about to partake in some nasty chemicals being pumped into my body for 46 hours at a time, every two weeks for 6 months. Chemicals that are suppose to save my life, and chemicals that can do some serious damage. It wasn't very comforting in knowing that when Andrew and I went in to meet with the nurse practitioner for our "chemo education", the first question she asked me was if I had a wig yet. A WIG? Was she serious? Of course she was! I am not ready for this!

I was sitting in a room, in the cancer center, with my husband, surrounded by wigs, mirrors, hats and scarfs for a bald head. I am not ready for that. I do not want to be bald. I am not ready to sit in the infusion room surrounded by pumps and machines and OLD PEOPLE and embrace my experience with chemo. I have not had time to even imagine myself getting chemo. I can't imagine how it will feel to know that nasty chemicals are being pumped into my body. I can't imagine what they will do to me. I can only hope they do the job!

Here is to the next 6 months...I unbutton my shirt, expose my mediport and say "BRING IT"!!! I will embrace this. I will do this. I will CONQUER THIS!!! I have a life to live. I have a husband that loves me more than anything. I have a baby girl that is my life. I have friends and family that care and that are cheering me on and standing beside me constantly encouraging me. I am BLESSED!!!

I thank God for this experience. He has a plan. I don't know it yet, but he does. There will be something amazing coming from this experience. In my chemo preparation... I embrace it. I encourage it. I welcome it. I can do this!

~Today I smiled when I brought a smile to my neighbor's face by bringing her a Valentine.
~Today I smiled when my husband walked in the house with my baby girl in his arms.
~Today I smiled because I know I am loved, and that is such a great feeling.
~Today is Valentine's Day...I smile at that.
~Today I smiled because I had 4 followers...I love that people care enough to read this. If you are reading this, please sign in to be a follower. I would love to know who is supporting me.

Today was a good day...tomorrow will be even better!!! (Please say a prayer for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment