Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This is it...

drum roll please.....It's CHEMO time!!!

In T minus 1 hour I will be sitting in the cancer center getting labs drawn, get premedicated and chemo started...

I am scared! I have to admit. I do not want to do this.

I am thankful that I have my mom coming down to go with me. I need the company. I need the comfort. I am 32 years old and I need my mom more than anything! I will update this after I am done... say a prayer for me! :)

My Chemo Experience:


accessing my port...


waiting for the infusion to get hooked up...


one of my many trips to the restroom...cruising the infusion center...


my chemo pump that will be attached to me for 46 hours every 2 weeks for months...



and the pump again...



I would have to say...I KICKED TODAY'S ARSE...BIG TIME!!! I was nervous...but I conquered it. Ok, so the ativan helped a little... but It was all me. I had to do it, and I did! I am on my way...well on my way!

It was a big comfort knowing that my mom was sitting beside me the entire time. She is comfort to me. She encourages me. She makes me laugh. She is wonderful.

I did get great news today after meeting with my doctor, and I will write about it tomorrow. I can't wait to share the news!

Today I smiled when the nurse told me I was full of pep and spunk! (By the way... she has that right on!!!)

Today I smiled because I felt good!!!

Today I smiled when my mom got to my house bearing gifts for my entire family...a candle and slippers for me, an outfit, apron and purse with goodies for Charly, and a box of coffee and biscottis for Andrew...I am starting to love gifts, and she always brings the best.

Today I smiled because I got a package in the mail from a friend of Andrew's family, and my friend as well, who sent me a homemade quilt to keep me warm and cozy while I sit and do chemo. HOW THOUGHTFUL IS THAT? HOW SWEET IS THAT? I FEEL SO LOVED.

Today was a good day (really it was), but tomorrow will be even better!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear your good news! You definitely need some. You look great! Seriously, you should think about modeling chemo supplies, pumps, etc. It's awesome that you are so positive; it will help you get through this so much easier. Let me know if you need anything. Sending prayers and good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete