Sunday, February 27, 2011

still alive and kicking...

I haven't posted in awhile. Things are good. Had some bad days, and then had some really good days. Overall, most of my tomorrows have been wonderful.

My next round of chemo is just around the corner. Did those two weeks fly by for everyone else? I am amazed at how fast those two weeks went. All I can hope is that the four months of chemo I have to do will go that fast as well! I mean... wasn't it just Christmas??? It is almost March! I am going to have to start planning a #2 birthday soon... I can't believe it. Anyway...I am just in awe of how fast the two weeks went for me.

I have been enjoying my non-chemo pump days and my non-chemo sick days (which is why I haven't been posting). Along with that I have been drinking all the cold stuff I can possibly tolerate, because I know that when I start on the pump again Tuesday it is bye bye cold drinks and food. :( This wouldn't be too terrible, except the last time I got so sick after the pump, all I really wanted was something nice and cold to drink, and had to settle for some warm water. This is the wierdest side effect ever. When you eat or drink (especially drink) something cold, it shocks your throat and gives the sensation that it is swelling shut. It is so wierd. I was fortunate enough to not have it last too long (about a week), which gave me one good week of being able to drink/eat cold stuff. Now I'm kind of dreading that part of the chemo. I haven't really experienced much of the neuropathy my oncologist said I should be expecting. I did wake up one night with the tips of two of my fingers numb and tingling... I wondered if I slept on my fingers wrong...how stupid is that??? I guess I either thought that because I was still half asleep or maybe I could just blame it on chemobrain? For the most part my hands and feet have remained unscathed.

Today is 5 weeks since my surgery. I can't believe it. Time just keeps on flying by. Before I know it I will be getting ready for my next big surgery. I look forward to it just as much as I am scared about it. My first surgery I didn't even have time to think about it...it just happened. This time, I know what to expect and all the things to be concerned about. Yikes. Good thing I have some time to mentally prepare myself.

Tuesday will be chemo treatment number 2. My husband is going with me. He is the designated photographer (I know how much you all love the photographs). My mom is then planning on coming down for my "sick days". She will be a huge help. I am going into chemo treatment number 2 with some extra special medications (thanks to Zofran and Ativan) on my side to kick it's arse this time. There won't even be a fight...I will win.

Until Tuesday...

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and smile often!

~I smiled today when I got the approval from my husband to get a new dining room table (that he doesn't know I already purchased :)) PHEW!!! :)
~I smiled today when I actually got out my hot glue gun and fixed some of Charly's barretts...not sure why...she doesn't wear them! Oh yeah...I can be crafty!
~I smiled today because I had a good weekend!!! I got to go to Kansas City for the day and spend time with my family!
~I smiled today because it isn't snowing or raining...YET! :)
~I smiled today because I have 2 days left before chemo!!! I'm going to enjoy them.


Today has been a good day...tomorrow will be even better!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jen you made me smile today, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smile every time I read your list of reasons to smile! :)

    ReplyDelete